live and blog your style
I wish I was there right now.
Instead I’m hiding from the freezing rain and bundling up with layers in my apartment. But a big smile crept onto my face when I received a notice from two different bloggers about a charming award going around the blogosphere.
Remember all those Forwards you would get when email was first really hitting it big? I’m talking all of those “Send to everyone on your Buddy List or you will never be happy again.” Then there were the ones “Scroll down and make a wish as you stare at the asterisk stars.”
You know what I’m talking about.
I never forwarded any of those.
I’m happy to report I’m still alive and well, or at least well enough that has nothing to do with not forwarding those emails.
Don’t consider this one of those emails. If you don’t “forward” this, I firmly believe no voodoo internet magic will distort your reality. You’re safe. Make yourself a Rice Krispie treat and relax. This is purely just for fun and for giving some great blogs a much deserved shout-out.
Here is how the Award works:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers so we can share the love.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won.
For those of you still reading (you deserve some Nutella just for that!), here are:
Seven Random Facts about me that you never knew you wanted to know.
1. You may know I’m a bit obsessed with Jo March. What you didn’t know is that my older sister and I made all these clippings pretending we had our own newspaper just like the March girls. We also put on plays and had a mailbox just like the one Teddy gives the girls.
2. I have two brothers and two sisters. I’m the favorite child. Mom told me.
Sure, we may have gotten a quick smack from a wooden spoon here and there, but I think my family is pretty great. (Don’t quote me on that, especially when it comes to sibling duels.)
(Dad took the picture. We love him, too.)
3. Mario Kart is probably my favorite video game. I like to think that the skills I acquire from playing it every once in a while will correlate to some “intelligent” skill I can put on my resume. (i.e. activated over X number of covert levels due to pure greatness)
4. I had lunch with Ari Fleischer. We had pizza. It was pretty awesome.
5. I’ve been gluten-free now since September 2009 when I eliminated gluten out of my diet overnight. For over 6 years I suffered from an intolerance but the (many!) doctors gave me no solution or diagnosis for my countless ailments. Mother knows best = true story.
6. I still want to be Princess Gwenevere from Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders. She had a talking pegasus for her best friend. Do I even need to explain that? Please tell me I’m not the only one who watched this show or else I’ll pity you all to no end.
7. I worked out with the Celtics. Alright, so we didn’t actually workout “together together” but we were in the same two-by-four gym and I said “hey” to Shaq. I was on the elliptical, gaining at least a foot in height, or else he would never have seen me way down there.
Here are some great bloggers whose blogs I’ve come to frequent. They may not be “new” but they keep me coming back for more. I also like to think I’m BFFs with some of them, even if we can’t run together, eat Nutella on the same couch, or dish about our lives in person…just yet. Thanks, ladies!
Beth from Dining and Dishing
Carolyn from All Day I Dream About Food
Carrie from Moves n’ Munchies
Casey from Classic Case
Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
Dorry from Living with Healthy Hunger
Erin from Big Girl Feats
Gracie from Girl Meets Life
Janae from The Hungry Runner Girl
Jess from Healthy Exposures
Katie from Healthy Heddleston
Kristina from SpaBettie
Lauren from Health on The Run
Melissa from Melissa Nibbles
Monica from Run Eat Repeat
What is a random fact about yourself? Heck, what are seven?