5 for Five
The key word there is simple.
I almost had to look it up, too, since I know I don’t get enough of it.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say it should be synonymous with oxygen because without it we just can’t last. Or maybe Vitamin C since we always need some of that, too. Better yet, chocolate.
Yes, that just might be the perfect comparison.
Despite what I may think, simple is generally understood to mean uncomplicated and not complex.
Hmm…I bet Wikipedia would have my definitions filed away some where. Maybe not.
Either way, there’s a deficiency of some sort (Vitamin C, chocolate, you be the judge).
Whatever it may be, whatever form it may take, I’m sure each of us could agree that it’s one aspect of our lives that we don’t have enough of.
So, in commemoration of my blog’s branding glory, here are my 5 for Five.
(And a bonus, five pictures from my travels this year: Austrian sky, Italy, Greece, France, California)
Also known as 5 simple things I’m going to do today for 5 minutes to enjoy life more, celebrate its beauty, and relish the moment.
1. I’m going to run for 5 more minutes than I intended to because I love pushing it that extra bit.
2. I’m going to slow down when I eat my food and savor the flavors and textures for 5 minutes (not all in one bite).
3. I’ll take 5 minutes out of my day to write that note to a good friend I’ve been meaning to contact for a month now.
4. I’m determined to show up for my internship 5 minutes early because I’m that enthusiastic and excited about it.
5. I’m going to pray for 5 extra minutes and thank God for the little things I tend to forget I love and have.
These may be simple things, but they take some time. I know when I lay down to go to bed I’ll be happy I did each one of them.
Join in. You know you want to.
What are your 5 for Five?